Drunken Boat is the brainchild of Brian Walsh. He has been writing and recording music for a number of years. Drunken Boat is his vehicle to bring this music to a wider audience. Conceived in 2007, the membership of the group has been fluid. Originally, Brian worked with multi-instrumentalist Simon Brennan. The fruits of this relationship was the mini-album 'Cut The Engines, Raise The Sails' which was released in 2007.
In January 2009, Walsh teamed up with drummer Dror Zur. In April of that year, Shane Arrowsmith was recruited on guitar. Shane had previously played with Hermie In Tweed and The Slurps. In November of the same year, the band released it's second album, 'Plumb The Depths'.
- Band formed
- Release of 'Cut The Engines, Raise The Sails' album
- Dror Zur joins the band on Drums [January]
- Shane joins the band on Guitar. Shane had previously played with Hermie In Tweed and The Slurps. [April]
- Release of 'Plumb The Depths' album [21 November]
- Release of 'Concrete Canyons' album [16 October]
- Release of 'A Mirror At Christmas' single [06 December]
- Drunken Boat perform as part of the Hard Working Class Heroes Festival in Dublin [06 - 08 October]
- Release of 'Tied In Knots' album [22 April]
- Releasse of 'Let Go, Be Still' album [25 January]