|LEIXLIP, CO. KILDARE||199x - 199x|
Ciunas was a punk rock band which was active during the early years of the 1990s. The original line up of the group featured Rich [Vocals], Gary Fitzpatrick [Guitar], Richie Hatchet [Bass Guitar] and Ash [Drums]. Gary had formerly played with The Bloody Jellies whilst Richie had played bass with Cork punk band Dead Babies Don't Vomit. The lineup did change after Gary and Richie left the band for form Pincher Martin. Ash took over guitar duties with Niall Bowden joining the band on bass guitar.
The band recorded a demo tape in 1991. The cassette release was entitled 'We're No Longer Dead On *?!' and featured 7 tracks including 'Police Oppression', 'Do What You Want' and 'Creature Comforts'. Later that year, the band released its debut album 'Visions Of Hell Beyond The 12th Fret' on FOAD Records.
The band also contributed tracks to two FOAD Records compilations that year. The first of these, 'The Dirt Behind The Day Dream' featured 'Life' and 'People Defied' while 'The Dirt Behind The Day Dream #2' included 'Traditions'. The band also had two tracks included on the legendary 'A Statement Is A Weapon In An Empty Hand' compilation in 1992. That collection included 'Innocent' and 'Perpetual'.
The band split sometime after this. Niall went on to play with both Flexihead and Blood Or Whiskey. He later emigrated to Australia where he continued to play music.
- Band formed
- Release of 'We're No Longer Dead On *?!' demo tape
- Release of 'Visions Of Hell Beyond The 12th Fret' album
- Band contribute 'Life' and 'People Defied' to the 'The Dirt Behind The Day Dream' compilation
- Band contribute 'Traditions' to the 'The Dirt Behind The Day Dream #2' compilation
- Band contribute 'Innocent' and 'Perpetual' to the 'A Statement Is A Weapon In An Empty Hand' compilation